Monday, December 14, 2009
by wompsett

So last Friday I was slapped with this badge by Her,


Apparently as bloggers we are subjected to random solicitations in the form of badges and tags. I am pretty new to blogging, and even more new to the idea that people other than my immediate family take interest in my blog. So when I learned of this "badge" that I was given, I was excited (because someone thought I was deserving enough) and a little freaked out as well (because now I have to find other blogs I can launch this badge toward).

So from what I've learned this is how the whole thing works. I tell all of you seven things you don't know about me and in exchange you all send me seven dollars (so lets see, seven dollars each times 6 readers equals? Crap, I still have to go to work tomorrow.) OK, so the seven dollar thing is bull but, a guy can try right? And then I list seven other folks that I feel deserve this very same badge (wait, does that mean I have to relinquish mine?).

So without further ado,

Seven things about me that will most likely bore you to tears:

1. When I was a kid and had to write stories for school I would almost always pencil the same boring tale of me riding my bike down a steep ass hill, hitting a hole, flipping over the handle bars and ending up those same handle bars (or at least one side of them) stuck in my thigh. It made for a great scar.


2. I once grew my hair out until it was this long so that I could donate it to Locks Of Love. It is still one of the most rewarding things I have done in my life.






3. I will eat anything once (well, pretty much anything. I might have to pass on some of the nasty shit you all are thinking up right now)

4. I was within a signature or two at least three times to sign up for culinary school. And each time when they showed me how much money I would pay over the course of the loan period I turned and ran like I've never run before.


5. I only have one fully functioning wrist (the left). Righty has had 3 bones completely removed and part of another removed. This disease/disorder was the culprit. And the healing process looked something like this.





6. Prior to the above mentioned wrist injury I was one hell of a rock climber. Now I specialize in beer drinking (and I must say, I am close to going pro in that)!

And last but (maybe) not least

7. It took having a kid for me to realize that I liked to write. He awoke something inside that drove me to the keyboard. And I am extremely grateful for that because it is one hell of a form of expression.


Now I suppose comes part deux of the honor of the badge. The part where I am supposed to pass the badge. To seven other deserving bloggers. I don't even know if I have seven blogs that I read (I know that's terrible, but I'm a late bloomer in the world of blogs).


(There is no rhyme or reason to my selections. These are just the seven that come to mind.)


Nicole (aka "Kiterztoo") her site is over here. She speaks (types) what's real and true. And I respect the hell out of that.

Allconsoffun, who you can find right here, because she is about as new to this whole blogging thing as I am.

My one true love, Monica (aka "MonicaHeartsRQ") This is her site. Not only does she put up with me on a day to day basis (which deserves like 8 badges all on its own), she is also a great writer with an incredibly sweet outlook on life. Something we all need more of.

Green As Wee Grow, found here, because not only does she have have some great green tips and tricks but, also a whole store full of really cute baby goodies.

Yuki over at Yukmystar because the boy gots skillz with a camera.

Kris at Brave New Dad, a fun and funny guy I just discovered through the wonderful world of twitter

And lastly

Aaron at culturalsavage, another one just recently discovered on twitter.







Comments